2011 has gotten off to a busy, busy start. Right after the holidays, I jumped into Ultrasound school mode by going to Spanish Fort, AL and staying 3 weeks. Gosh was it tough! I missed everyone and at one point I started questioning whether I could do this or not. I am proud to have everyone in my life that has and will help me through this year. I know it will pay off in the long run, its just a matter of getting there. Since I have been back home, it has been a challege to get back into a routine. I have class on Monday and Friday and clinicals on the other days. I do class online through a live webinar where I participate in the same lecture the people at class are hearing. Then I have a quiz, and module to do after the lecture in which I have till 2000 to finish and submit everything for grading. Friday is the same but with another organ of the abdomen plus a proctored test from the lecture material from Monday. BRAIN OVERLOAD!!! Naw, it's been interesting and have enjoyed it so far. I am starting to get to scan patients more at clinicals and it is all starting to come together and make sense. I have no regret's even though it has been difficult.
WOW!!! Our baby will be 3 this year!!! He is getting so big and sssssooooo indapendent! Since converting his crib into a toddler bed, we have had a time trying to keep him in bed. He is up and down, up and down, it is a battle at bedtime with him. He has slept in the guest bed a few nights and has actually done better, so Nick and I are probably going to try to go ahead and convert his bed into the full size "big boy" bed. As far as potty training, we arent pushing or stressing about it. Blake knows when he has to go and most of the time will tell us he has to go "tee tee". Although, we have tried big boy underwear on him several times and he just pee's right through them. So we will just try again with them in a couple weeks and keep trying. He is talking up a storm, and sometimes when he's playing in his room, will tell his dog baby a story like daddy tells him at night. It just brings the biggest smile to my face. Sometimes you can even catch him singing Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Thats the sweetest sound EVER!!! He is doing great in school and loves his teachers, although they are talking about moving him up a class again. Which is good, but stressful all the same cause he gets so attached to his teachers. As far as his allergies, we are fixing to move his allergy shots to every 3 weeks now, FINALLY!! We have been very pleased with the Mississippi Asthma and Allergy Clinic. They have done a great job. He goes in and takes his "poke" like a champ and comes out with stickers and suckers. Nick and I have slowly re-indroduced the foods that he was supposedly highly allergic too, and he has done great with them. It is such a relief to not have to grocery shop for seperate foods for him. But we are still very cautious and always will be.
Hope everyone is doing good and we miss everyone of ya'll (outa towners). Take care, keep in touch, and God bless ya'll
Love,
Kara, Nick and Blake
The Fabulous Fashion of Baby Girl
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment