Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Well, I am half way through the endevour I'm on for a new career.  I had mid-term's yesterday and I am proud to say that I still have my "B" average.  Although I didn't do so good on the written part, I passed my image part and was so mentally and physically exhausted after I got done that I went home and had me a nap (thank you babe :).  Now the count down is on to December.  This past half has felt like enternity!  Hope this next half fly's by.  I want to thank everyone again, from the bottom of my heart, for everything ya'll have done.  Ya'll have been a HUGE help.  MWAH!!! Love ya!

Since I have kinda put blogging on the back burner, let me fill you in on some updates.  Blake had his 3rd birthday in May.  It was a blast, as always!!  OMG, and the temperture was wonderful!!!  In the 70's ya'll!  It felt wonderful and for good reason.  We rented a hot wheels inflatable jumper for the kids, and yes, I have to admit, the adults.  It was so fun!  We had a pizza party and a brownie bar complete with wipped topping, ice cream, chocolate and caramel sauce and sprinkles.  The kids loved decorating their own brownies.  It was so much fun!  School is progressing along for Blake.  He was moved up to a new class and he comes home singing new songs that they are learning in chapel.  Thats the most precious sound, hearing him sing!  Wish he would let me record him, hehehe.  He is loving the summer! He shoots basketball and hit's a softball off a tee.  Hopefully next spring we can get him into "wee" ball.  I cant wait!!!  Swimming has been a blast! Nick and I decided to put the pool back up this year and good thing we did.  The temperatures have been miserable and it's nice to go outside and take a dip.  We got brave one afternoon and took Blake's arm floaties off while we were all swimming.  Needless to say, thats the end of them.  He is swimming underwater back and forth between Nick, the ladder and I and even jumping off the ladder and swimming out to us. He still hasnt learned to bring his head up, take a breath and keep swimming but that will come.  Potty training is almost done.  He is doing number one wonderfully and goes by himself now.  As far as number two, it has taken a little longer for him to grasp.  I have a strategy though.  Ya'll picture this....We had him naked one evening after getting out of the pool.  He was in the living room watching one of his tv shows and all of a sudden he came into the kitchen just dancing around and holding is little bare butt cheeks saying "I gotta poopoo" "I gotta poopoo".  Nick and I were like OMG! OMG! Hurry, go to the bathroom! Go to the bathroom! So acting fast, we all ran into the bathroom, he sat on the toliet, we turned our backs and gave him some time and waallahh, poopy in the toliet!!!  Then it was the poopoo dance and off to the kitchen to get a big suprise out of the suprise jar.  That wasnt the first time I had used that strategy.  I have used it before but it was this first time that it clicked, that that's what we are gonna have to do to get this boy poop trained in the toliet. 

Our horses, here they come (babies and all)......finally!!!  We are so excited.  After the finalization of sale on the McKinley property, we get our babies up here with us.  It's been a lllloooonnnggggg wait hasn't it Kristi?  But it was well worth it!!!  Now the next part is to help daddy find some land and get 'em moved up this way.  That to has been a long wait.  I know it has been hard on them being away from all three of us but hopefully that is fixing to change.  I dream of the day that we are able to just saddle up anytime, go fishing/hunting, ride four wheelers and (for you Nick) have bon fires, sitting around with the children roasting hot dogs and marshmellows, makeing smores, and listening to Lane sing while Nick plays guitar.  I know it's coming.  I can wait a little longer, to find just the perfect place.  It's gonna be wonderful!

I'm gonna end this, but first let me say how blessed I am for everything and everyone in my life.  The memories that are made everyday just prove to me how blessed I am.  And to finally have 2 of the things that I have longed for come up this way is more of a blessing then I could have possibly dreamed of.  Family is so important!  In our lives, in our childrens lives and in the future, their childrens lives.  What we do from here on out is making memories for us and our children.  There is NO other way to make the best memories then with your family.  God Bless

Kara :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment